Monday, June 13, 2016

I'm Here!

I’m here! After flying out the day school ended, going to Kate’s Sweet Adeline Concert, and driving four hours from Houston to Tyler, I am finally here at the Mercy Ships Headquarters for my Onboarding training! 




Last night I moved my stuff in and went over to my small group leader’s room for tea and to meet my small group for the next month. Mom and Kate and I spent my last evening together for a while in the most lovely way…eating at Cracker Barrel and watching the Tonys!


Today was day one of training for me! The people here are from all over the world (Australia, Brazil, the Netherlands, England, New Zealand, Germany, and who knows where else!) and there are people of every age and background! The campus where we’re staying is very pretty and I’ve only gotten lost twice (trying to find the training room and trying to find the cafeteria). I got to eat lunch with Mom and Kate today and then they had to leave to go back from Houston. So my goodbyes are officially all done! Whew! I am in Texas, flying solo, but surrounded by lots of soon-to-be-friends!





My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving. –Colossians 2:6-7 (MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment