|Some of the places we'll be visiting in route to our new home on the Africa Mercy|
It’s finally time to get in the air and get over there! I want to give you all a heads up that I probably won’t be able to update the blog until possibly the end of August, but I’m absolutely positive that when I get back on grid, I will have stories to tell! My group flies out on Wednesday from Texas and we should arrive in South Africa about 36 hours later (obviously we do not have a direct flight). Once in South Africa we will be spending time working alongside an AIDS clinic for a little while before boarding the Africa Mercy (where my Mom will get onboard too…ask her for details about that grand adventure if you haven’t already heard what she’s doing) for the sail around the cape, and up the coast to Benin. We may have intermittent wifi availability somewhere in there, but we very well may not, so if I can write anything I will, and if not, I’ll see you on the other side of the world!
1. Pray that we bring God glory and represent Him well to all those around us whether on the airplane or in the AIDS clinic or on the ship or wherever we are and in whatever situation.
2. Pray for safety as we fly, drive, and sail into this new adventure
3. Pray that we will all stay healthy
4. Pray for flexibility and cultural awareness and sensitivity as we travel to new places and meet new people
5. Pray for me and my fellow teachers and kiddos who need to dive right into the school year while on the sail (and especially that none of us will be seasick and throwing up while we’re supposed to be teaching and learning…we’ve been duly warned about the crazy rocking of the ship, especially around the cape, and about how many people get seasick and I reeeeeally don’t want to be one of them!)!
I love you and I am so thankful for your incredible support! See ya on the other side!
Beth / Miss Kirchner / Miss Beth (as I’ll be known in this new kindergarten classroom which will most likely have started next time I write!)